Most people would love to tour the world. And, most people love really good chicken dishes. See where we are going here? Why not combine these two great loves and tour the world based on really scrumptious chicken dishes? Well, if you did, it could look a bit like this (now grab a chicken bib and let’s go!):
Interesting India Fact: Mawsynram, a village in the Khasi Hills, Meghalaya, receives the highest recorded average rainfall in the world. Cherrapunji, also a part of Meghalaya, holds the record for the most rainfall in a calendar year (1861).
- Gratuitous Indian Chicken Dish – Chicken Tikka Masala is an Indian-inspired curry chicken dish served with warm paratha bread for soaking up all those delicious flavors. It’s just as popular in Pakistan.
Interesting Mexico Fact: Modern Mexicans are a unique blend of many ancient civilizations, including the Olmec, Zapotec, Toltec, Maya, Aztec, Inca, African, French, and Spanish.
- Gratuitous Mexican Chicken Dish – Roast Chicken Enchilada Suizas is a satisfying, crowd-pleasing Mexican casserole is packed with delicious flavor and is bound to satisfy the whole family.
Interesting Russia Fact: The Trans-Siberian Railway spans almost all the way across the county. The 9200 kilometer (or 5700 miles) railway is the longest in the world. It departs in Moscow and crosses into Asia. It then makes its way to the Pacific Ocean port of Vladivostok to mark the end of its incredible journey. The entire ride takes 152 hours and 27 minutes.
- Gratuitous Russian Chicken Dish – Chicken Kiev is classic Russian dish is so simple and comforting — all you need is good quality chicken, tasty garlic butter and golden breadcrumbs.
Interesting Hungarian Fact: Hungary has one of the most prolific thermal spring cultures in Europe. It boasts no less than 1,500 spas. They typically feature Roman, Greek and Turkish architecture.
- Gratuitous Hungarian Chicken Dish – Chicken Paprikash is a hearty stew type dish served over dumpling or egg noodles. This creamy confluence of spices and peppery chicken will transport you to the homeland.
Interesting French Fact: France is the world’s top tourist destination. The TOP! Close to one hundred million visitors come to France every year.
- Gratuitous French Chicken Dish – Coq Au Vin is a classic French dish that sounds super-classy, but is really simple. It is basically just chicken braised with wine, lardons, mushrooms and some garlic.
Interesting Jamaican Fact: The original inhabitants of Jamaica, the Arawak, grew corn and yams. Today, the major crops of Jamaica include sugar cane, bananas, and mangos. None of these crops are native to the island; they were all imported. So were coconut palms, breadfruit, and bamboo.
- Gratuitous Jamaican Chicken Dish – Grilled Jerk Rubbed Chicken can be made from your choice of chicken thighs, legs or breasts. Just rub them with traditional jerk spices before grilling. You can try it with a habanero-mint glaze for a celebration of the senses.
Interesting Portuguese Fact: Portugal is the largest exporter of cork in the world. In fact, it produces 70% of the world’s exports. It also has the Earth’s largest cork forest.
- Gratuitous Portuguese Chicken Dish – Piri Piri Chicken with Slaw is a Portuguese sauce that combines garlic, chiles, red wine vinegar, and oil and is delicious served with warm flatbread and tangy slaw.
Interesting Moroccan Fact: Inhabitants are known to have a wicked sense of humor. For example, one of the words Moroccans frequently use for “money” is wusakh d-dunya. This translates to “dirt of the world,” even though the formal word for their currency is dirham.
- Gratuitous Moroccan Chicken Dish – Moroccan Tagine (Stew) with Preserved Lemon is all about the sauce. It is full of aromatic spices and spiked at the end with chopped preserved lemon. This adds a tangy flavor and cuts the richness.
Interesting Singapore Fact: There are only three city-states left in the world. They are Monaco, Vatican City and Singapore. Both country and state, it makes it easy to address things to Singapore.
- Gratuitous Singapore Chicken Dish – Chicken Curry is a rich, pungent dish that is quite simple to make. It is derived from a basic curry paste, potatoes and, you guessed it – chicken.
Interesting Chinese Fact: The mortar used to bind the Great Wall’s stones was made with sticky rice. Also cool – the first chopsticks were made 5,000 years ago to help with cooking, not eating.
- Gratuitous China Chicken Dish – Chinese Lemon Chicken is sweet, tangy and utterly delicious.
Are you tempted by exotic locations? Maybe you’re just obsessed with eating authentic chicken dishes? Either way, we’re glad you’re passionate about the world.
We are here to share the world. What’s more, we can even help you get places and find where to stay. Plus, we can do it for you, far cheaper, than anybody.
In other words, Must Do Travels can help you SAVE BIG on everything travel. Check out our endless portfolio of heavily discounted hotels, resorts, cruises and tours at VacationRewards.com!