A cruising life is not all about just bingo and bubbles! You’ll be surprised by some of the innovative and interesting onboard cruise features waiting for you to discover. Read on to explore the adventure, fun, entertainment and more available for solo cruisers, romantic couples, even the whole family on your next cruising holiday! Get a load of these cool surprises at sea…
- Outdoor large picture screen cinemas (“Movies Under The Stars” as coined by Princess). Enjoy the totally immersive phenomenon of viewing popular Hollywood classics and blockbusters out under the open sky! With all the comforts of home – Popcorn! Lounge Chairs, blankets (if needed) or towel if you are watching from the pool! Great for family-time or me-time!
- Spa indulgence galore! Speaking of me-time, pamper yourself silly at sea! There are facials, body sculpting, lava rocks, massages, face-peels, aroma-therapies, steam baths, mud wraps, lettuce wraps (OK, just kidding about the lettuce wraps… maybe!?). To indulge may cost a little bit extra, but hey, you’re on holiday and definitely worth it.
- Adventure Park P&O’s Edge is not for the faint hearted. If you’re up for some extra adventure, join the adrenalin junkies at P&O Edge Adventure Park. Zip line on the top deck, Funnel Abseil, Walk The Plank, Segway Obstacle Course, Bungee, Lasertag, take a Crow’s Nest Viewpoint, climb the Boulder Wall and more.
- Waterslides that jut out over the ocean (don’t worry they jut right back in to “slide you off”). With names like the Green Thunder (Carnival – Oz), Norwegian’s “Free Fall” or MSC’s 390 foot “Vertigo” or Disney’s Aqua Coaster on Disney Cruise Lines. It’s time to get your swimmers on!
- Speaking of swimmers… Surf’s Up! Royal Caribbean’s largest ship Harmony of the Seas Flowrider® lets you grab a board, catch a wave in a 40 foot long surf and hang ten right there onboard.
- “The North Star”! Take yourself to new heights (over 300 feet) onboard a view-perfect jewel-shaped capsule suspending up to 13 people for a breathtaking 360° birds eye view of ship and sea.
- Cooking Classes at sea by the world’s great chefs! Marco Pierre White, Atul Kochar, wine-guru Olly Smith have all been spotted onboard teaching the art of cooking! Chef’s Tip – be sure to check out some of the local cultural cooking excursions and demonstrations aboard the European & Asian river cruise itineraries.
- Solo cabins – Norwegian Cruise Lines were first at sea with purpose-built cabins for solo travellers with single mingles encouraged, including single TV lounges and supper clubs.
- Ripcord by iFly! “What the… Fly?” Believe it or not you have the opportunity to fly at sea. Literally fly (and we are not talking virtually)! Check out this Royal Caribbean’s “First-at-sea experience” and take the leap!
- Bumper Cars, Roller Skating, Indoor Ice Skating– I know right, it’s the last thing you’d expect at sea! Imagine Ice dancing spectaculars, taking the challenge of a bumper car battle… I mean ride, or get the kids roller skating – how fun!
- Wedding Chapels and Ceremonies at Sea – What’s more romantic than being married by the Captain? There are multiple venues aboard ship to choose from. Our top choice – a vow renewal or wedding inside Royal Caribbean’s “The North Star” – Wow!
- Virtual Balconies – Inside cabins have just been revolutionized! Royal Caribbean’s newest ship, Quantum of the Seas, features ‘virtual balcony’ cabins. Each includes an 80 inch LED screen stretching from floor to ceiling. Impressively each virtual balcony display real time images of what’s going on outside – both at sea and in port.
Life onboard will never be the same. With new innovations appearing every year the winners will be the ever increasing cruising population – that’s you! So kick back, relax with a cocktail, mocktail or two or get ready to immerse yourself in adventure, indulgence and discovery.
Inspired to travel?
Vacation Rewards® is a member-only travel program that offers a Best Value Guarantee on all your travel needs. Not a member? Sign up FREE and receive $250 Travel Savings Credit to use instantly on your next trip.